Home / Programs / Social Services

Social Services

The Social Services Department of the Cheyenne-Arapaho Tribes is divided into four sections with each section offering various programs intended to direct families within the community toward self-sufficiency and stability. It is our hope to provide the services needed to allow for families to be productive members both with in and out side our community.
You may chose from the links on the left to enter the site which best suits your needs.

General Assistance:

This program is available to Native Americans of all tribes. Applicants must be enrolled members of a federally recognized tribe and reside in the Cheyenne-Arapaho Tribes service area. General Assistance is based on income and is temporary. It is not meant to be a permanent means of support. It was established to help individuals and their families until other resources became available. Individuals who apply will be referred to and must comply with other resources such as the Department of Human Services, Social Security, and Vocational Rehabilitation etc. The applicants will be required to work with a caseworker to establish an Indian Self-Sufficiency Plan, which will assist the client in becoming self-reliant. The service areas for this program consist of eleven counties in western Oklahoma. The application process may take up to 45 days to complete.

LIHEAP: Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program:

This program is intended to assist with payments on utility bills. To be eligible the following criteria must apply:

  • Applicant must posses at least one quarter (1/4) degree or more Indian Blood Quantum
  • Applicant must supply all income verification for the past year
  • Utility bill must be for the main heating/cooling source
  • Services can not be duplicated (applicant can receive assistance from the Cheyenne-Arapaho Tribes if services have been received from another state/county agency and vice versa)

Tribal employees are low priority for assistance.
This Program runs from June through September for cooling and November through March for heating assistance (or until funds are depleted).

Food Voucher:

This program was set up for the elderly, handicapped, unemployed and low income individuals or families, who posses one quarter (1/4) degree or more Indian Blood Quantum, to aid with food/groceries. To be eligible the following must apply:

  • Applicants must reside in the El Reno, Oklahoma city limits
  • Applicants must be income eligible
  • Applicants can not be receiving food stamps
  • Applicants must provide income verification

Individual Indian Money Supervised Accounts:

This program assists with Native Americans, predominately Cheyenne-Arapaho Tribal members, which have been determined unable to handle their own affairs. Each client must have restricted or trust property which derives income from Oil/Gas Royalties and or Farm/Grazing land leases.

The Cheyenne-Arapaho Tribes social Services Department’s main purpose is to help supervise account holders in managing their affairs. We take into consideration the amount of funds involved, the client’s needs, responsibilities and abilities to make constructive use of their funds.


Who must report abuse?

Every person, private citizen, or professional who has reason to believe that a child has been abused, IS MANDATED BY LAW TO PROMPTLY REPORT SUSPECTED ABUSE. FAILURE TO DO SO IS A MISDEMEANOR. The name of the reporter is kept confidential.

If the Cheyenne-Arapaho Head Start Employee suspects or has reason to believe that abuse or neglect has occurred and has not followed the reporting policy of the program, they will be subject to the disciplinary actions deemed necessary by the Head Start Director and other Tribal Personnel.

When to report?

A report should be made when there is reasonable cause to believe that a child has been abused or neglected or is endanger of being abused. A report of suspected abuse is a request for investigation. Investigations of child abuse reports are the responsibility of Child Protection Workers and, when a crime may have been committed, law enforcement officials.

If other incidents of abuse occur after the initial report has been made, another report should be made. Keep reporting until your concerns are listened to.

How is abuse reported?

A report may be made to the Cheyenne-Arapaho Social Service, Child Protection Worker, at: (405) 422-7588, BIA, Concho Agency at (405) 262- 7481, any County Office of the Department of Human Services or to the 24-hour Statewide Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-522-3511. Documentation and Confidentiality is MUST information will only be shared with the appropriate agencies.

Contact Information

Executive Director of Department of Social Services

  •  Nikki Factor-Navarro

Email: nnavarro@c-a-tribes.org
Office #: (405)422-7877

Social Services Coordinator

  • Breanna Faris

Email: bfaris@c-a-tribes.org
Office#: (405)422-7583

General Assistance

  • Joanna Archer

Email: joarcher@c-a-tribes.org
Office#: (405)422-7476

LIHEAP/Food Voucher

  • Kimberly Beaver

Email: kbeaver@c-a-tribes.org
Office#: (405)422-7476

Supervised IIM Accounts/Adult Protective Services

  • Sophia Tiger

Email: stiger@c-a-tribes.org
Office#: (405)422-7592

Child Protection Services

  • Brian Keith

Email: Bkeith@c-a-tribes.org
Office#: (405)422-7474